October 14, 2010

tuesday on my mind

Oh Tuesday, why do you taunt me so?

Monday night I had contractions all night. They weren't terrible and not consistent enough to time but they were bad enough to keep me up and keep me worried.

Tuesday morning comes and I am still not feeling quite right. AK left for the day and I tried my very best to clean like a mad woman in case I was really going into labor (I do not want to come home to a house that his disorganized closets and laundry on the floor...God forbid!). Some doozies of contractions hit me and hit me hard and I was certain the baby was coming.

In the dramatic way that I try to conduct myself in, I screamed for Miss E. to bring me my phone. She came running, saying into the phone, "hello, hello?".

I called AK and he came home (luckily he was still in Kenosha). My Dad came to watch Miss E. and then GG came to take over so he could go back to work. We packed up the car, suitcases and all and headed for the hospital. I called the Dr. and they said to go straight to the Birthing Unit. This was it!!!

We walked into the unit and everything looked familiar...like we had never left. They checked us into a room and hooked me up to a fetal monitor. Of course, not before making us feel like idiots to even THINK that our baby would come this early (36 weeks and some days)...even though Miss E. came at the same time.

Well...as you have probably guessed, the baby did not come. It turns out that I was dehydrated and needed an IV for fluids. The dr. finally came up (at my insistence) and checked me. No open sesame=no baby.

Boo.

P.S. I'm looking into having the baby somewhere exotic like Lake Geneva...I'm SURE they don't treat their patients like morons there.

No comments:

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...