October 6, 2010

so long farewell

Today as I was rushing through the front door (when you read rushing, read RUSHING...there are a bizillion little black and red bugs on the front of our house during the day and I have to go as fast as I can to get inside without letting the bugs in) I noticed my 3 plants sitting sadly in the corner of our front porch. They are sad plants because I forgot to water them...for the past 4 weeks or so. I said to myself, "It's time to say goodbye to summer." This is a confusing statement to myself, (you know, who I was talking to) because it is technically Autumn but every time I decide to officially make it Autumn in our house and in my mind, it's hot that day. It was like 80 out today. Oh well. The point is saying goodbye to Summer. We'll worry about Fall later.

If you know me well...or even a little bit...or even if you've heard about me, you probably know that I am not a huge "summer person". I don't prefer heat. I don't prefer freezing either but again, we'll worry about that later. There are however, a great number of things I WILL miss about Summer and must say goodbye to.


goodbye boat rides
goodbye outside bike rides (and helmet hair)
goodbye summer birthdays, cute summer dresses and waiting outside
goodbye parades
goodbye fireworks

goodbye long walks
goodbye rides with the top down
goodbye day trips to museums
goodbye zoos
goodbye warm-weather pjs and silly sunglasses
goodbye beach
goodbye lazy lunches at Sam's Club
goodbye sweltering hot soccer games
goodbye CRAZY devil weeds
goodbye ice cream cones

So long summer...you'll be missed!

No comments:

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...