October 28, 2014

to my third child on his first birthday

It's hard to believe that you are one year old. As cute as you are, and as exciting all of the new things you are learning are, I am actually sad to see this milestone come. With you, I am not in a rush for you to do things. I am content for you to stay the baby as long as possible.

This year went so fast. Too fast.

In honor of your birthday, I wanted to write you a letter.

 

Dear Eli,

First of all, I want you to know how much you were wanted. We waited and waited for you. You were always supposed to be part of our family and we are SO thankful you are here.

I hope you always know how wanted and loved you are. Completely and Unconditionally.


 
Before you were born, we knew you had a divine destiny to fulfill. Something big and great.

I hope you always remember God has a purpose and a plan for your life. It's bigger than you could ever imagine.

Being the third child, you have had to cry and wait more than I would have liked. It breaks my heart when you cry. Yet, you are so patient (for a baby). As soon as we come to you, you snuggle in and stop crying. You are extraordinary.

I hope you always focus on the good and find a way to forgive easily and completely. You are an example and a world changer.



What a sweet boy you are! You are funny and cuddly. We have so much fun with you. You know just how to put a smile on our faces.

I hope you always take time to laugh and have fun. Your smile is contagious.



You are a very easy, content baby. Honestly, I think you have to be, because your siblings aren't always so easy (shhh...don't tell them). There is a peace and joy about you that is infectious.

I hope you always find a way to be happy and strive to be a peacemaker.

From very early on, we have been protecting you from your siblings. They are just so excited to love on you! I am sorry if you haven't always been approached with the gentleness that a baby deserves. I am convinced it has strengthened your character and abilities.

I hope you always stay strong and go after what you want and what is right. You are a fighter.



You may not have a baby book yet (I'm so sorry...it's coming!), but we have taken so many pictures of you. We all adore you and have tried to capture every moment of this year. It brings tears to my eyes to think I could forget even one precious moment of you as a baby.

I hope you always savor the moment and appreciate the joy of memories with loved ones. Every moment counts.



I could never have imagined how much joy you would bring to our family and friends.
You are a light.

I hope you always find a way to shine bright little one.   We love you so.





Happy 1st Birthday Elias Allan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli!
The Lowe Family loves you!!

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...