October 7, 2014

the one about the time I got excited at church



Crazy story.

I almost jumped off the risers during the choir song this past Sunday.

I know. Crazy, right?

Sure, we can get excited from time to time at our church. Personally though, it takes a lot for me to want to JUMP, and I certainly haven't felt like jumping in a long time.

But, this week we were singing about the Mightiness of God. We were singing about how Angels bow before Him. How Heaven and Earth adore Him.

Maybe that's a little church-y for you. Maybe you just can't imagine getting worked up like that.

Maybe if you saw what I saw, you could understand why I could barely contain myself. Maybe if you saw what I saw, you would see how my eyes were opened to how Mighty our God truly is.

What did I see?

I saw you. You suddenly lost your loved one, and you are grieving. You were standing. Worshiping. Praising God anyway.

I saw you. You are sick and you are worried. You don't feel like yourself and you don't have any answers. You didn't feel like coming but you came any way. You sat there with a newfound strength.

I saw you. You have lost and endured so much. I saw you with a smile on their your face. Being a voice for those that can't speak for themselves. Changing this World.

I saw you. You are overwhelmed. You do this alone and you feel forgotten. You stood up and praised God anyway. He knows your name.

I saw you. You're waiting for your loved one to have a divine intervention. You have had sleepless nights and prayed incessantly. You had tears in your eyes and you thanked God for what you know He will do.

I saw you. You don't know how you'll make ends meet. You don't know where your path will lead. Everything is unknown right now. You do know God will provide, and I saw you giving Him glory.

 


So you see, if the grieving, the broken, the sick, the weary, the worn and the confused can stand when they hear "Lord You're Mighty!" When these dear ones can worship right there in the unknown. Right there where it is hard and messy and painful. Because if Angels bow before this Mighty God we serve, that gets me a little excited.

And I might just jump a little.




 

 "Lord You're Mighty"
By: JJ Hairston & Youthful Praise.

Lord You're mighty

Lord You're mighty

 [Verse 1:]
Oh Lord how excellent is Your name in all the earth.
You set Your glory above the heavens and the earth.
When I think of all You've made, the sun, the moon and the stars.
No praise is high enough to express how great You are.

[Verse 2:]
What a mighty God we serve.
Mighty God we serve.
Angles would bow before the mighty God we serve
What a mighty God we serve.
Mighty God we serve.
Let heaven and the earth adore the mighty God we serve.

Lord You're mighty
Lord You're mighty

Hallelujah
All glory
All honor
All praise
All praise
[Repeat:]

To the mighty God we serve.
Mighty God we serve.
Angels they bow before the mighty God we serve.

No comments:

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...