December 1, 2010

33 days

The last 33 days have been remarkable and have gone by in a blur. Even though we had been waiting for months, it seems like our lives changed so very quickly.

33 days ago...

AK and I checked into the hospital at 6am.
I got an IV.
We filled out tons of paperwork.
I got my blood drawn.
I was poked and prodded.



AK got his scrubs on...including his surgical hat.



I got wheeled to the OR (I saw Nana peeking out of the waiting room window on the way).
I got a spinal.
I couldn't breathe.
I cried.
The doctors made jokes to calm me down.
AK finally could come in.
and he held my hand.
We knew our lives would never be the same.
I felt a lot of pressure.
I saw AK's face.

And just like that...
On October 29, 2010...
At 8:41 am...
...we went from 3 to 4.

We heard a cry.
I could finally breathe.
It was really a boy.
We saw our angel...
...and our hearts grew.


He was 6 lbs 11 oz.
He was 19 inches long.
He had a little dark hair.
He was the cutest little munchkin.
Mommy was relieved.

Daddy was beaming with pride.


Big Sister was happy to meet her baby brother.


We named him Evan Lee.


People came to meet him.
His family loved on him...especially his grandparents.





He made our family feel more complete.

We thank God for him.
We have for 33 days.
We will for the rest of our days.

No comments:

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...