August 13, 2010

night and day

The last couple of nights have been.... frusterating to put it nicely. Miss E. wakes up and comes to our room and demands to sleep with us and demands juice and demands anything else her little heart desires at exactly 4:27am.


AK and I both have a REALLY hard time with getting up in the middle of the night. I know everyone does but I can't help but think that we REALLY do (everyone thinks that too, right?). I think we're taking it so hard right now because we know the new baby will be here soon and then we will really be waking up a lot throughout the night. I think we're somehow trying to store up our sleep, even though we know it doesn't work that way.

Oh...and Miss E. ONLY wants Daddy to put her to bed or put her back to bed which we both LOVE, except when he's really tired (then it's hard for him and I feel bad).

The only saving grace is that Miss E. absolutely wakes up in the cutest moods and looks adorable of course (even though it's still way too early). She still loves her morning routine of watching a little Dora in our bed and then gets Daddy up and rides on his back downstairs. Then they go out in their Pjs to get the paper and read it while they eat their cereal. Then they come wake me up. We're working on having Miss E. NOT jump on my belly to wake me, but other than that I'm happy to have her wake me (especially if I don't have to talk to anyone until my contacts are in and my teeth are brushed).


I wish with all my heart that I could get more sleep, but until we are done having babies and they are all grown up to about 11yrs old, I doubt that's going to happen. I guess all we can do is grab a juice box, turn on Sid the Science Kid and try to capture how they cute they are. Someday maybe I'll be hoping my lazy teenagers would just get up early and jump in my bed...





No comments:

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...