March 11, 2010

ribbon ribbon everywhere

I have soooo much ribbon, so I've been trying to come up with fun ways to use it. Recently, I made a layout using some of the many pink and brown ribbons we used in our wedding. I am really pleased with how it came out. Here's the layout:

"Pinch Me"


























How to make the Ribbon Heart:
1. Weave ribbons the old fashioned way, securing to cardstock with tape as you go. I taped both ends of ribbons in rows all the way down the page, then in the opposite direction, taped at the top, did the weaving, and taped at the bottom.
2. Your large square of weaved ribbon should look like this:


























3. Trace a heart on the back of the cardstock you want to use for your layout and cut it out with an exacto knife.
4. Take the negative heart piece from your cardstock, trace onto patterned paper, and cut out with a decorative edge.
5. Secure cardstock with cut out on top of base cardstock and secure decorative heart frame on top of that. Your layout will look like this:


























Add some photos and goodies, and you're done! Here is the finished layout again:

2 comments:

Marcie said...

WOW! Love the layout & the ribbon heart is just spectacular!

Marlene said...

WOWZA. I LOVE how this turned out!!! How beautiful!!!

God, where are you?

Photo by  Ganapathy Kumar  on  Unsplash My Quest to Find the Moon Last summer, I took a course called Curriculum and Methods of S...